EOFY STP reporting

Options
Veronica
Veronica Member Posts: 7

Hi

I uploaded my EOFY STP via GovConnect and checked it before submitting it. I didn't submit it because there was no amounts allocated for one of my terminated staff. I then put the amounts into the STP file, but now GovConnect won't even upload the file. Could you help with this please. Thanks, Veronica

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Veronica,

What is happening specifically when you attempt to upload the new EOFY file to GovConnect? Are you encountering an error message? If so, what is it?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Veronica
    Options

Hi Rav

No error message comes up. I tick the second option to Finalise Year; when I click on Confirm it sends me to the list of STP files. I double click on the JSON file to upload it, GovConnect takes me back to the Report Type rather than uploading the file. If I again click on the Confirm it repeats the process of sending me to the list of STP files.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hmm ok that sounds strange. When you created this new .json file in Payroll Premier, it was created as a 'Finalise Year' file type correct?

Also, sorry I noticed that you mentioned "I then put the amounts into the STP file", can I just clarify did you go back into Payroll Premier and make the necessary alterations OR did you actually make changes within the .json file itself?

If its the latter, then that'll be cause of this as .json's shouldn't be altered directly but just double checking that.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Veronica
    Options

I did make the changes with the json file itself, as I had been instructed to do this in the past regarding incorrect date of a terminated employee.

I remember I did alter this employees final termination pay as it had not included his final weekly pay with the long service and annual leave to be paid out.