Sale of Business, STP login recalling old business info

Options

Hi,

We sold our business to one of our employees in March, company name remained the same but different ABNs and slightly different employees. We passed our Reckon software licences with the sale (which have since been renewed by the new owners). I have been showing their admin the ropes of Payroll Premier but are having great difficulty setting up STP. Even though the contact details (different email etc) for the company have been changed within Reckon and the new email and password updated for STP login, OUR Family Trust information still appears. I imagine I would need to have access to this...which I can only gain using their email and password. We cant see how to change things to reflect the new company so are unable to load any of its information. Need help please!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @austech_structural

Just to clarify, do you mean you've updated the login credentials of the original/existing Reckon Portal account for the GovConnect STP service from your email address/password to theirs (new owner)?

You've mentioned there was a change in ABN, was there a reason why the new business/account owner didn't create their own (new) Reckon Portal account and register the new ABN to it? ie. do they also require access to the existing STP entity?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• austech_structural
    austech_structural Member Posts: 15
    Options

Thanks Rav. Yes the login details have changed to the new owners which has obviously not allowed creation of a new Portal accoun as those details now access ours. It was updated by the new owners. I can undertstand why it would reflect our info. They do not require access to the existing entity...need to create their own. I am unsure how to create their own Portal Account.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Right ok. What will likely need to happen now is performing a change of ownership on your STP entity that is still within the account.

If the new owner has updated the email address for the 'original' account, then your email address has become 'free' so to speak which means it can now be used again to create a Reckon Portal account.

Here's what I'd recommend you do -

• First create a new Reckon Portal account for yourself here - https://portal.reckon.com/#/register
    • Once that is done, get in touch with our support team to action a change of ownership of the STP entity from the current account its in to your new one. There are security requirements around this including a signed statutory declaration.
    • Our teams will action a move of your STP entity from one account to another

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• austech_structural
    Options

Thanks so much Rav, you are a godsend lo lI can feel my headache leaving my body lol

• austech_structural
    Options

Hi Rav, further to our converstaion, I have tried the procedure you recommended......I was unable to create a new portal account for our 'old' company as it said it already existed. I was, however able to create one for the 'new' company with the new email details. When I sign in under the 'new' company email and password, the new admin's info comes up but to continue to the next step in STP setup a new code and recovery pin for the 'old'company is what is generated and the next screen has the 'old' company info still there. I can't see how to alter the company info and the new account has been set up from scratch. I can still get into the 'old' company info via our email/password and see our lodgements. The only thing we now share is the same customer id, password to log into the Reckon site. I am loathe to contact the tech people as my last experience was pretty bad, sorry. If it helps, I have completed all my work with Payroll Premier so don't imagine I need access to STP anymore. Any thoughts????? We really need this sorted.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @austech_structural

I'm having trouble piecing together the above in my head from the description above but to make things easier, can you shoot me a Private Message with the following details -

• Your ABN registration in GovConnect that you still require access to
    • The current email address that your former account was updated to
    • The NEW email address for the account that you just created (which I assume is where you would like your ABN registration to be transferred to.. correct?)
    • A statutory declaration outlining the reason for the change of ownership that has been signed by the authority of the ABN in question and signed/stamped by a JP.

If you can organise the above and send it to me in a Private Message I should be able to take a look and sort this myself.