Payroll Premier being replaced by Cloud Based Software?

Options
Mark_9171963
Mark_9171963 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi there,

I just received a call from guy at Reckon saying that Payroll Premier is being phased out. And that Reckon have gained an extension from the ATO for STP2 reporting until September 2023.

The chap from Reckon said that all existing clients (using Payroll Premier) will be transitioned across to new "cloud based" software via. a Teams Meeting which should only take around 30 minutes.

I was quite surprised as it seemed an odd way of announcing a transition to new software whilst also announcing the discontinuation of the existing Payroll Premier.

Has anyone else received a similar call regarding this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi there Mark

We've got some really exciting plans for Payroll Premier and our teams are reaching out to users of that software to get an understanding of how you're using the software in terms of features/functionality etc so the call was definitely a legitimate one from us.

We're not discontinuing the software just yet however there will be a new, enhanced payroll experience that we're excited to share with our Payroll Premier users. We have indeed secured a further deferral to end the of September so you can continue submitting under STP Phase 1 with Payroll Premier until then however I would also highly recommend having a further chat with our team (if that hasn't been scheduled already) so they can speak to more detail around this.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mark_9171963
    Mark_9171963 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Rav for confirming

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Options

Rav - are we all going to be receiving this same call?! I've been told for years that the desktop version was being phased out but nothing has ever come of it. Do we have an ETA?

Regarding the new software - will it have the same functionality as the Desktop version (hopefully, without all the bugs)?!

And why have we not been advised of yet another extension for the STP rollout?? The communication has been quite poor regarding this!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Kali

Our team will be reaching out to all Payroll Premier customers over the next little while so yes they'll be in touch with you soon. We're on a fact finding mission at this stage so we're not getting too far down the track just yet.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Stacey_6976885
    Stacey_6976885 Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2023
    Options

I received my call today. The consultant was very helpful in explaining how the process will work. Was a little bit surprised by the call, as I didn't realise that there was a phasing out of Payroll Premier. My appointment for migration is booked, hopefully it will be a stressfree experience.

When I asked about the STP Phase 2 deadline, was told we had until the end of September.

I will let you know how it goes.

• Rav
    Options

Great to hear you've had a chat with the team and you're locked in for migration @Stacey 🙌

I'm sure the team would have already covered it but there's some info on the upgrade coming to Payroll Premier here -

• Kali
    Options

Hi Rav,

Is it an upgrade of Payroll Premier or a complete new payroll software?

I still haven't received a call - should i start getting worried or other they still calling people?

Cheers,

Kali

• Rav
    Options

No need to worry at all Kali, our guys and girls are still in the thick of getting in touch with all our Payroll Premier customers so we'll be in touch very soon. If you want to get a headstart though, give the team a buzz on 1800 732 566 😊

• Kali
    Options

Brilliant - thanks for the reassurance.

I'll try and give them a call tomorrow.

• Lambert Kitchens
    Lambert Kitchens Member Posts: 46
    Options

I have received the exact same call today regarding Payroll Premier.

Could you confirm how long the desktop version of Payroll Premier with Phase 2 compliance will be available?

Is the "exciting upgrade" that Reckon is referring to, cloud-based?