How to edit a pay run

Hi

I need to edit a pay run and have watched the video on how to do it for Reckon Payroll (Web). The problem I encountered is that when I change to pay run into draft mode it will still not let me edit the pay. It does say the pay run has successfully changed to draft mode but the eye icon is still next to each employees pay and the edit ( pencil) icon does appear.

Is there a box or a setting somewhere that needs to be ticked to allow edits?

We have upgraded from Payroll Premier.

Kandy

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,195 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Kandy_10744602

I'm really sorry for missing your post. Is this still occurring for you or has it resolved itself?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kandy_10744602
    Kandy_10744602 Member Posts: 20

Hi Rav

No, unfortunately it hasn't resolved itself and I still cannot edit a payment.

In my post the end of the last sentence should read "the edit ( pencil) icon does not appear."

Thanks for getting back to me despite the typo.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,195 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for confirming @Kandy_10744602 and sorry to hear its still happening for you.

Is this occurring on any pay run you try to edit or just a particular one?

Can you shoot me the email address for your Reckon Payroll account in a private message and also a few details on which payrun you're trying to revert to draft and I'll see if I can take a look.

I may need to send through an access request to your book first but will check that.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kandy_10744602

Hi Rav

I've checked and in all 3 pay runs I've done, I cannot edit any of them.

Where do I go to send you a private message?

• Rav

Ok thanks for checking that. Click on my name and select the Message button on my profile card that pops up.

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

@Rav @Kandy_10744602 i'm also having this same issue? Was a resolution found?

• Kandy_10744602

Hi Kali

No unfortunately, not yet. I spoke to one of their technicians last week and there are others with the same problem. The tech said they're working on it.

• Kali

Thanks @Kandy_10744602 hopefully it's not far away.

• Kali

Hi @Kandy_10744602 I worked it out.

You need to go into Reckon One and delete the corresponding payment from the pay run you're trying to edit. Once you've deleted this inside Reckon One you'll be able to go back into Reckon Payroll and revert to draft and edit the pay run.

Hope that helps.

Kali

• Kandy_10744602

Hi Kali

Thanks for your message - any help is most welcome!

I migrated from Payroll Premier and so am not familiar with Reckon One but I'm learning now. When I switched into Reckon One I clicked on Payroll on the side menu but I am then taken straight to Reckon Payroll to login & do MFA. So I'm going around in a circle. How do you find the payrun in Reckon One? I need to do the whole (first) payrun again as super is wrong for some employees and annual & personal leave accrual is wrong for all employees.

• Kali

Hi Kandy

I'm in the exact same boat. Never used Reckon One before, only Payroll Premier so learning as I go.

Instead of 'Payroll' go to 'Banking' -> 'Bank Payments' - you should see your payment in there which you will need to delete. Once deleted you should then be able to go back into Reckon Payroll and edit.

Cheers,

• Kandy_10744602

Hi Kali, Thank you! I need to edit all the pays in that pay run so I guess I delete the whole lot. Feels a bit scary!

• Kali

It should just delete the banking files, not the pay runs so you'll be able to edit what you need then redo the banking file.

• Kandy_10744602

Hi Kali

You're a genius, it worked just fine - thank you!

• Kali

So glad. At least that one was an easy fix!

I have found a bunch of "bugs" with the software so far. The technical team have confirmed they are in fact bugs and need 1-2 days to fix. How can we be compliant by 30/9 when we're using a software full of bugs. So frustrating.