Your JSON object has some incorrect values - Payroll Premier (Desktop) 🚫

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
edited July 2023 in Payroll Premier

Your JSON object has some incorrect values - STP Error

Hi everyone

We have recently become aware of an issue affecting some users who are attempting to submit their STP reports. If you are receiving the error message "Your JSON object has some incorrect values," please be advised that this may be due to the presence of allowances with a $0.00 balance in your pay run.

To resolve this error you will need to remove any allowances that have a $0.00 balance from your pay run ie. any allowances that are not actively being paid in the pay run.

Once any $0.00 allowances have been removed, recreate the STP file and send it through GovConnect as a regular submission like normal. The submission should go through without issue provided there are no other issues in the pay run.

Our teams are discussing any potential course of action we can take to determine any remedial steps we can implement somewhere in the process to streamline this for our Payroll Premier users.

If you continue to experience difficulties with your STP submission or have any further questions, please drop a reply below.

Thank you for your understanding.

📢 UPDATE - 5 April 2023 📢

Please click HERE for the latest update and fix for this issue

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Lambert Kitchens
    Lambert Kitchens Member Posts: 46
    Options

I too have had this error message.

As our payroll does not change from week to week, I am surprised that this has suddenly occurred.

Just to be sure, I checked our allowances (which are very few) and there are no allowances in any employee's pay with $0.00 against it. This error message has not occurred before. Any suggestions? I cannot remove allowances that are not there in the first case!

• Simone_9171542
    Simone_9171542 Member Posts: 23
    Options

I am having this issue - have checked all allowances and they are fine?

• Chris_10865402
    Chris_10865402 Member Posts: 2
    Options

We too are having this issue. It seems it was an issue with the previous week's STP report but we were unaware until we uploaded the last STP report. After speaking with IT Support over the whole day, we too were told to delete any allowances with zero balances - on every payslip for every employee since July 1. "Jobkeeper" with a zero balances showed on about 3 of the employees' payslips. I deleted the word "Jobkeeper" but nothing will remove the zeros. (Not backspace, delete, control D ) I finished this chore at 7.15 that evening!! Even after removing the word, and resending the STP report, the same message about jSON object appeared. After speaking with the ATO on Friday morning, explaining the situation, the error, the fix (which does not work), the ATO said they were escalating it to their IT department. I am awaiting feedback (2-5 days). This has not been an issue prior to a fortnight ago. Is this something to do with the move to Phase 2 of STP reporting where Allowances, Sal Sac etc will be shown separately in another column? I think it is a programming issue which is now affecting the figures on the STP report. I may be wrong, but it needs fixing NOW!!!

• Lambert Kitchens
    Options

I strongly agree with you Chris that this error needs to be fixed NOW and it is not at our end! We processed a pay run for this week (our payroll is weekly) and the same error came up when it was downloaded through the Reckon Portal to the ATO. Even though I thought the 'Zero' theory was nonsense, I was particularly careful and double checked everything last week and this week to no avail! I stress that nothing had changed at our end regarding our payroll, so that leaves the ATO doesn't it? The first thing I also thought of was Phase 2 changes as the issue has not occurred up until 2 weeks ago. I am getting nervous about the end of year processing and if all else fails, I will be informing the ATO that we will be issuing Payment Summaries for all our employees for 2022-2023 because there will be no alternative if it is not resolved.

I will be calling the ATO tomorrow to see if I can get any realistic response out of it.

Does Reckon have any solution to this issue?

• Lambert Kitchens
    Options

I have a further question relating to Rav's solution. How is an STP report re-created? When the payroll is processed, an STP report is generated and any amount of editing to the pays does not change the STP report. I was under the understanding that once the report is generated, the STP report does not change.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

📢 UPDATE 📢

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get back to this post with an update. Our devs have continued looking at this issue and have created a new fix.

If you are currently encountering this error, I'd highly recommend taking a look at the information in the help guide below. It contains step by step instructions on how to download and apply the new rinb.exe file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lambert Kitchens
    Options

Thank you, this worked.

• Chris_10865402
    Chris_10865402 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you Dave from IT Support in India. You contacted me early today and remotely applied the 'fix' and then updated the two STP reports which had the jSON incorrect values and submitted them to the ATO for us. This was a great relief and I appreciate your efforts in correcting this issue and another which we had since encountered.

• Simone_9171542
    Simone_9171542 Member Posts: 23
    Options

This did not work for me. I have been working with your IT support for over an hour who has dialed into and connected to my computer to try and get it sorted… no luck. The file downloaded also prevents me from sending payslips out. It’s been three weeks since I’ve been able to upload an STP report without an error… this really needs to be fixed now.

• Rav
    Options

Hi Simone

The new download from my earlier update here, is the fix for this.

After going through the steps in the guide above, what is happening specifically? ie. where are things going wrong? What is the latest our support team have advised?

• Nat Welsh
    Nat Welsh Member Posts: 11
    Options

I am getting an error trying to download the fix. The error reads:

The code execution cannot proceed because PWUTIL.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I tried the long way around with each employees Allowance for each pay run but still have errors.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Nat Welsh

That message will appear if you attempt to open the new rinb.exe file directly. Instead you just need to follow the steps in the guide linked above to rename the old rinb.exe file and copy the new one into the same location.

Check out the guide linked above for a step by step walkthrough 🙂

• Nat Welsh
    Nat Welsh Member Posts: 11
    Options

Thanks Rav but the first step is to download that file?

• Rav
    Options

Hey @Nat Welsh

Yep that's correct 🙂, download the file to your PC however don't open that specific file after its downloaded. Instead follow the next steps to rename the current rinb.exe. and paste the new one to the location specified in the guide.

This discussion has been closed.