Issue Getting Authorization Token via identity.reckon.com

Options
Michael Thomson
Michael Thomson Member Posts: 4
edited February 20 in Reckon API

We have run into an issue over the weekend where we are no longer able to authorize with the API.

No matter what user we try, we get an error saying Invalid Username or Password. Do you know what reasons we would be getting this error suddenly? My first though was that the password had expired/changed. So we had that reset. However we are still getting the same error.

Tagged:

Answers

• Teddy
    Teddy Reckon Staff Posts: 11 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Michael Thomson,

Can you please confirm which Reckon API product you have an integration with?

The most common login issues during the Auth process are related to the Reckon Accounts Hosted API. The reason being the log in username.

When logging in to the Identity Server to Authorise a third-party app to access the RA Hosted API resources, you need to log in using your Hosted User ID (for example: 123456-1) as the username. The password will be the same for that account.

For further assistance, can you please contact me here: apisupport@reckon.com. And if possible, please share your API Subscription Key and any other info in your email (do not post anything here).

Thanks, and regards,

Teddy

• Michael Thomson
    Michael Thomson Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks Teddy.

We are indeed using the Accounts Hosted API. I will try with the User ID instead of the name as we were doing previously. If I still have issues I will contact using the support email.

Thanks again.