Why can't Reckon Premier 2013 save a pdf to a NAS Drive

Options
Michael_6619336
Michael_6619336 Member Posts: 7
edited January 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have Reckons Accounts Premier 2013 installed on 4 computers in a peer to peer network.

The company database sits on one of those computers.  All others read from that computer.

We also have a Seagate Network Attached Storage drive (S Drive).

The issue we have is when we try to save an invoice as PDF and save it to the S Drive.  An error comes that it could not create the PDF file.  When I look in the location the file is there but it is a blank page, nothing on the page.  If we save the PDF to the local computer it works fine though.  So the Quicken PDF printer is working on each computer.

Does anyone know why the Quicken PDF printer will not save a file to a network drive?

We can save files to that drive in any other application.

Comments

• Nathan Elcoate
    Nathan Elcoate Accredited Partner Posts: 162 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi Michael, can you please check that all users have read/write permission to the S Drive? I use a WD NAS and have no problems saving from QuickBooks to my N Drive, which is my NAS drive from the built in PDF writer. Another option might be to install Cute PDF Writer and print to PDF?
  • Michael_6619336
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Nathan

Thanks for the reply.

Yes have installed CutePDF and they can do it that way, but they prefer to do it through Reckon.

I have checked read/write  permissions.  We can create files from any other program onto the Share drive no worries, so I am presuming it is a Reckon issue or a Reckon PDF Writer issue
  • Michael_6619336
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I wonder if the issue is that the Reckon username that we log in with is not the same as the usernames set-up in the NAS drive.  I will check that out hopefully today and let you know how I go!

• Nathan Elcoate
    Nathan Elcoate Accredited Partner Posts: 162 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It definately has something to do with Permissions as the system does work. Try creating a generic user with full read write access to the NAS like a Guest account, then login to the PC as this Guest account, open Reckon and try it. If it works then you will know something is wrong with the User permissions.