Why do I get the error: "You must select a Purchase Tax item, a Sales tax item or both to be used wi

Options
Jane_6644376
Jane_6644376 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi I am trying to set up the tax code NR - Not reportable,  but when I hit enter I get the following message : You must select a Purchase Tax item ,a Sales tax item or both to be used with this code"  but as its non reportable i should not have. Help Please. Thanks in Advance. Jane

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Jane,

In Reckon Accounts Business range all tax codes must be linked to a tax item.  Before creating your tax code, first create you tax item/s (Lists > Tax Item List), then link your tax code to the tax item/s.  If you need to use the NR tax code on both sales and purchases then you will need to create 2 tax items, one for sales (eg: NR-S) and one for purchases (eg: NR-P).  You can then link your new NR tax code to both these tax items.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Lisa_7189689
    Lisa_7189689 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2015
    Options

In my QuickBooks for Dummies, it says to set up the NR tax code, you must select it as "Non-taxable/exempt". In Reckon 2014, this option is not available. There is just a column with a tick in it for Taxable. However, you can not deselect this. How can I make this tax code non taxable?

Kind Regards, Lisa

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Lisa, couple questions. Is the QB for dummies an AUS or US version? (could be different) and also which version of Reckon Accounts 2014 are you using? (I'd like to test myself). ^Mirko.
  • Lisa_7189689
    Lisa_7189689 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    Options

The QB is an Australian version 2nd edition, dated 2008. It was the most recent one I could buy. I am using Reckon Accounts Business Range 2013 which was upgraded to 2014. I have set up A NR tax item for both Sales & Purchases, and connected the NR tax code to both, as per Shane's advice. I needed to do my BAS, so I have just not selected NR as a code on the BAS statement.

Lisa