Why don't I have a weekly salary option for employees?

Options
Jenny Walsh
Jenny Walsh Member Posts: 3
I have been asked to do the books for someone who previously had a bookkeeper but has lost contact with her and his books are about 3 months behind. He is using 2011-2012 Quickbooks. I tried to enter the pay for his one employee. He is paid a weekly salary and a car allowance and only the car allowance appears as an option. I can see old pay slips for the salary but can't work how the paycheck has been entered where there is no option

Comments

• Lax
    Lax Alumni Posts: 58
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to Reckon Community and Thank you for the question.

Please try the following:

Check if the employee card is actually displaying the weekly salary item

click on Employee centre-> double click on the employee's name-> under change tabs please select the option Payroll and Compensation Info

Please try the following on the actual payslip

Click on a new line and you should be able to click on the drop down list to access other payroll items. Please check if you can locate salary on the list.

Please note that the payroll item “Salary” is appearing on the Earnings Section rather than Other Payroll Items section and make sure the Item “Salary” is set up as a wage/yearly salary

Hope this helps

Regards

Lax

• Jenny Walsh
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thanks Lax, I will give it a go.
  • Jenny Walsh
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Lax, thought I would let you know what I discovered.  I realised that she was paying the employee through the write cheques feature and deducting the tax.  When we checked the payroll report, we could see the transactions but the amounts were zero. We then realised that for the transactions to be deducted from the bank account the cheques had to actually be printed. All this because the employee was not set up through payroll!  Cheers Jenny

• Lax
    Lax Alumni Posts: 58
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Glad to hear that Jenny, Thanks for the update!