Scheduled backup does not complete in Accounts Business 2014
You run a scheduled backup, it starts, appears to be working for a few seconds but fails to complete. There are no error messages and there is no backup file created.
Manual backup works fine.
What's going on?
This issue appears to be a result of the rebranding from Quickbooks to Reckon Accounts Business our products have been undergoing over the past 2 releases. Reckon apologises for the inconvenience this issue is causing.
The scheduling function will be restored with this tweak:
- Set up the Automatic Backup within every Accounts Business company file that will utilize scheduled backup and close out of Accounts Business 2014
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\
- Create a new sub-folder - C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2014
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2014 and copy qbbackup.sys to the folder you just created
- Reopen Accounts Business 2014. When you exit the programme, the Backup should go through.
If you make changes to the automatic backup settings (like how often a backup is run) you must copy the qbbackup.sys file again to the new location.
If you create a new company file later after making this fix, add automatic backup settings and copy the qbbackup.sys file again to the new location.
Thanks for your understanding.