I am getting an error when trying to prefill my IAS in Reckon Gov Connect.

Options
Stephanie_4161659
Stephanie_4161659 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
An error pops up saying cannot load Quickbooks BAS (qBEAS.xml) file. etc. Please help! Need to lodge today.

Comments

• Hoang
    Hoang Alumni Posts: 48
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Stephanie,

In the IAS/BAS form, go to Config > BAS Lodgement > select SBR lodgement via Reckon GovConnect and make sure that you have Reckon GovConnect installed before you can use this feature.

Please let me know how you go.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • Vanessa_6992279
    Vanessa_6992279 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Options

I have the same issue.  Recently upgraded to Reckon Accounts 14 and the BAS fails on prefill.  SBR has been selected.  Any other suggestions?

• scitty
    scitty Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Rav, this is happening to me too. Please advise.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello Scitty,

Thanks for asking.

This issue may occur where the user submitting the BAS/IAS to GovConnect is not the person that prepared the BAS/IAS. The qbEAS.xml  file is saved to the user’s personal directory:  C:\Users\<logged in user>\My Documents, and is created when the option Lodge is selected when completing the BAS/IAS.  If another user will be uploading the BAS/IAS to GovConnect then that user will not have access to the first user’s personal directory for the export file qbEAS.xml.

If this is your situation then you could open the company file and click on Lodge.  

Otherwise, the preparer of the return will need to get the qbEAS.xml to the submitting user - save the qbEAS.xml to a shared folder or email the submitter who can then transfer the file to their personal directory  C:\Users\<logged in user>\My Documents.

Hope this helps.  

regards,

John.

• scitty
    scitty Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks John, I had submitted this question in the "Gov Connect is not working" thread also. About an hour ago I updated my reckon to 2018 and voila, it lodged. Thank you for taking the time, and apologies for not posting this update asap. Regards.