Format for uploading eBay transactions?

Options
Mitchell Dovey
Mitchell Dovey Member Posts: 5
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi All,

We sell quite heavily on both eBay and our own (Zencart) website. I'm now at the stage where I would like to format the regular downloads of eBay sales into a QIF file for uploading into Reckon.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this? How do I go about it?

Where might I find a step-by-step guide?

Mitch.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hey Mitchell, welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for your post. There is no official step-by-step guide, as this process involves 3rd parties and 3rd party applications.

If you can't obtain a QIF from eBay directly, this is what I can suggest: download a QIF from your bank, open it in Excel and use the template/format that is present to then create your own QIF files to import.

This thread (and the one it links too) could be of benefit to you.

Note: Their must still be existing entries in your RAB/QB for imports to match up too. Also, this process would most likely take the same amount of time as entering the data into your Reckon Accounts directly

Hope this helps.
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Mitch, any transactions you want to appear in the Reckon Accounts program needs to be imported using the IIF format, the SDK API or a third-party tool.

If you have a requirement to regularly import transactions into your data file, it would be a good idea to use some kind of 3rd party software such as ZedAxis or QODBC.

-IM
  • Mitchell Dovey
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi IM,

No interest in paying someone to do what I can (hopefully) work out how to do myself, but very puzzled as to why Reckon doesn't at least list all of the IIF headers & a description of what each on is?

We're currently attempting to create a IIF file to upload one sales transaction (using item codes) into a test company. When we tried the import it was apparently successful, but there is no sign of the invoice at all and no change to the stock on hand records. (So I guess it wasn't successful after all?)

Mitch.

• Mitchell Dovey
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi Mirko,

Understand that you want 3rd party developers to look after this are for you, but surely at some point you had to tell them how to build the IIF file so that they could?

Where is the information package they would have used? All I need is a list of the various headers and what information needs to be included for each one.

Your help file makes absolutely no mention of how to import a sales invoice that uses stock items and also seems to use information from US transactions at one point, which is far from 'help'ful!

Mitch.

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/creating_iif_files_to_talk_with_reckon_accounts

I've done a search on the community and found this thread which may help.
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hello Mitchell, i would like to discuss your requirement and give you a third party solution, you can call me on 0407068942, or email: chandra@automatedreceipts.com

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Mirko, this may be helpful for other users who use online shopping carts that want to integrate with QuickBooks / Reckon Accounts.

QuickBooks Integration for Zen Cart
    "QuickBooks Integration Addon for Zen Cart works for all Quickbooks editions (Simple Start, Pro, Premier, Enterprise), versions 2003 to latest. It supports Australian version of Quickbooks as well."

-IM
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Great post Inigo. There is limited support this though it seems;

Technical Requirements for QuickBooks Integration for Zen Cart:

• QuickBooks USA verson: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
    • QuickBooks Canadian verson: 2010
    • QuickBooks Australian verson: 2010
    No mention of the later version, so if someone was interest in this add on, it would be of most importance to seek out the Third Party Developer to confirm the compatibility with later releases of Reckon Accounts.