Problem opening saved reports on Personal Plus 2015.

Peter Marshall
Peter Marshall Member Posts: 5
I created (I thought successfully) a batch of new saved reports a few days ago. Now when I try to open any saved report (even from previous years) I get an "Unexpected Error" and Reckon closes down. The Error Code varies but the most recent one was 7011. How do I recover from this?

Comments

• Jason Jiao
    Jason Jiao Alumni Posts: 29
    edited July 2015
    Hi Peter,

Welcome to Reckon Community.
    Can we get more details of the problem?
    • How many saved reports do you have in the list?
    • Have you tried to validate the the file? (File>File Operation>Validate)
    • Do you have this problem in a different data file?
    • Does it crash if you create a brand new saved report?
    Thanks
    Jason
  • Lester_7290196
    Lester_7290196 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    I have a similar, or perhaps the same, problem only with certain reports. When I open a "problem" report via Reports - My Saved Reports & Graphs it crashes the program. I tried to upload a copy of the crash report having saved it as a .jpg file but unfortunately I get an "Internal Server Error".

Similar to Peter I get various error codes.

Strangely when I select the same report via Reports - Reports & Graphs Centre and display the report it works fine.

I have tried to re-save this report and open it again via Reports - My Saved Reports & Graphs but the program crashes again.

I have 9 reports in the same folder (all of which crash the system) so I created a new reports folder, opened each report via Reports - Reports & Graphs Centre and saved each one in the new folder. Each of these now opens without a problem no matter which way I open them.

However I then deleted all the reports in the old folder and renamed the new folder to the "old" folder name. Unfortunately the system again crashes when I try to open a report in this folder via Reports - My Saved Reports & Graphs but they open OK when I go via Reports - Reports & Graphs Centre!!

• Peter Marshall
    edited June 2018
    It sounds like Lester has exactly the same problem as me. I had never used the Reports  & Graphs Centre before so I'm grateful that I can now at least open those reports that previously crashed the program. Thanks for the heads up Lester. 
  • Peter Marshall
    edited June 2018

This was my reply to Jason

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll answer point by point.

• I save reports in folders. There were 7 SMSF tax reports in the problem folder. I have a similar folder for the last 7 years.
    • The first thing I did was Validate the file. It didn’t help.

• I have 19 different report folders. I have the problem in 2 of them. Last years SMSF folder has the same problem. There are 10 reports in that folder. The folders for the prior 6 years are OK.

• I can create a new saved report but the program crashes if I try to reopen it.

• Jason Jiao
    Jason Jiao Alumni Posts: 29
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the information Peter.

Can you try the following options after backing up your file and see if helps?
    • Move those problematic reports to new folder 
    • delete that report and re-create report again
    Please contact our support team if the problem persists.

Regards,
    Jason