Reckon Accounts 2015 doesn't load: "installed on more than 1 PC"

Oliver_7300210
Oliver_7300210 Member Posts: 3

Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2015 doesn't load. I get an error message along the lines of "application has been installed on more than one PC...need another license..". The application has only been installed on the same PC, ever. Called Reckon technical support literally dozens of times and went through a clean uninstall of the application and re-install, doing a selective start-up, running with built-in administrator rights etc. I even sent my data file to a Reckon support team member. In any case, the issue is still persisting. The latest thinking from the Reckon team is that this may be an issue with the Quicken.LIC file that may get corrupted, so the workaround is to delete this file in c:\ProgrammData\Intuit\Quicken\Config every time before I start up Reckon Accounts followed by having to enter in my Installation Key Code. This is a huge inconvenience and it also doesn't seem to work consistently as at times the activation process fails and I have to ring Reckon Support for a new Product Key. So, I'm still after a permanent fix.

I have been running various prior versions of this application on this PC (Windows 7) without any issues, however, version 2015 is giving me grief. I would appreciate your help!

Comments

• Shakir Akhtar
    Shakir Akhtar Alumni Posts: 17
    edited December 2014
    Hi Oliver, thanks for your post and welcome to the Reckon Community.

Please be advised that Technical support is not available for Accounts Personal range product during the period from 25 December 2014 to 5 January 2015 due to festive season.

Please follow the link mentioned below for Holiday Operating Hours.

https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/christmas-holiday-period-operating-hours

Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

Regards,
    Shakir
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2017

When unexplained errors like this occur, it is always worth running chkdsk to see if there are any corruption problems with these files.

In widows explorer; select the disk then properties > tools > Error-checking.

Sometimes this identifies a problem that is not explained by a more conventional approach.

John

• Oliver_7300210
    edited December 2014

Thanks John. I ran chkdsk and no errors were detected.

Oliver

• Oliver_7300210
    edited December 2014

As an update, here's the correct wording of the error message:

"This does not appear to be the same computer that your software was originally installed on. You will need to contact Reckon to update your licence details. Your licence permits you to one installation only. You may purchase additional copies from reckon. Do you want to do that now?"

I have only installed this application on one PC.

Oliver

• Shakir Akhtar
    Shakir Akhtar Alumni Posts: 17
    edited December 2014
    Hi Oliver,

Request you to call our Customer Service so that they can check the License details and try to activate the product,if support is required then you need to wait till 5th Jan'15.

Regards,
    Shakir