How do I unlock a reconciled bank account?

GabbyLambkin
GabbyLambkin Member Posts: 6
edited March 2018 in Reckon One

I am needing to amend some items in a reconciled bank account, however the account has been locked.  How do I unlock it to make adjustments?

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited February 2018
    Hi GabbyLambkin,

If you want to edit the lock off date that is currently set for a bank account, you just need to edit the bank account via the bank account list screen & either remove or change the "lock-off" date

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2018
    what version is this in? I don't seem to be able to get the same screen when I select edit.
  • Qwerty
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kathy,

My response relates to the Reckon One application & not Reckon Accounts. The product category selected for this thread is Reckon One.

:)
  • Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2015
    no worries. thanks
  • Susan Filer
    Susan Filer Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2016
    Not helpful.  I have tried changing and deleting the lock off date and it still says it cannot be edited because it is locked.
  • Qwerty
    edited March 2017
    Hi Susan,

Usually a lock off message will refer to either the bank account being locked or the book itself being locked. What does the message say that you experience?

There are two areas to check regarding lock off dates.

1. Each bank account has its own lock off date setting

To access a bank account lock off date setting you need to edit the bank account (Day to day menu > Banking > Click the spanner icon for the applicable bank account)

2. The book has a global lock off date setting which applies to the whole book... including all bank accounts. The book lock off date setting is located in the general settings screen (Administration menu [i.e. the cog icon in the top right of the screen] > General settings).
  • Susan Filer
    Susan Filer Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2016

Thank you.

I eventually found the book lock off date in general settings.

• Sheila_8640488
    Sheila_8640488 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    So where do I find edit bank account it is not on my day to day menu and I don't have a spanner.
  • Qwerty
    edited March 2018
    30/08/2016

Hi Sheila,

The menu layout of Reckon One has recently changed
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-one-has-a-new-look

To edit a bank account, select Banking > Bank accounts > Click the spanner located at the top right of the bank account that you wish to edit.