After doing a backup, getting message saying there are duplicate elements that need to be sorted out

Options
Ray Shaw_7400519
Ray Shaw_7400519 Member Posts: 1
I am using QB 2011/12 Plus and have done a data verification and then a backup, which then told me I needed to rebuild my data.  After that process completed, a message came up saying there were duplicate elements and I needed to call the support desk, only to be told they no longer offer support.  The message also said to look in the C:\users...Quickbook\log, which opens up the QB notepad with all kinds of information that I have no idea what to do with.   Do I need to do anything with this or if I don't, do I run the risk of losing my data?

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Ray, welcome to the Community. The tech support line offers support for the latest 2 editions of software, as per 'sunset policy'. The Community is a good place for older software support, with many users using various version - or have experience in multiple versions of the software.

Post up your error log here, it will let the technical members know what the issue is - it means a lot more if you know how to decipher it.

Cheers,
    Mirko