unrecoverable error - Reckon Accounts 2014

Options
Deano_27
Deano_27 Member Posts: 6
Hi guys

We have an issue that's just started a few days ago. Whenever the 'suppliers' section of the reckon company file is accessed we get the error below. Reckon then crashes and needs to be closed/re-opened to continue using.

All other components of the company file work fine, its just the suppliers section that won't work.

A screenshot of the error can be seen below. QBWin Log file is also attached for your records. Version is Reckon Accounts Premier: Professional Services Edition.

A verify and re-build has been run which advised was successful, however the issue remains.

We were about to reinstall reckon locally on the computer, but we've confirmed the problem is affecting all users, and the suppliers section of the sample file works just fine, indicating the software is ok and there's something wrong with the database file, yet the verify and re-build completed ok.

Are you able to advise how to proceed from here? If you need more info just let me know.

Thanks
Dean

Comments

• Deano_27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just to add to this, a complete reinstall of reckon was done, but the issue remains.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,095 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Deano_27,

How often do you backup your data file?

How many backup sets do you have available?

When was the last time you made use of the Suppliers section functionality without encountering the problem?

We can take a look at the file to see if there is anything we can do to resolve it.

You can Request a data service. so we can assist you further.

A copy of the current damaged file and the relatively recent older backups will be helpful.

* Data Recovery Team * 
  • Deano_27
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi, I'll double check on the backup side of things, but it looks like I provided incorrect information in my initial post. It seems our other member of staff CAN access the suppliers component of Reckon without issue, indicating there's something specific to this user's profile that's the issue.

She's away today and tomorrow and I don't have access to her password to login and test. I'll provide an update later this week to advise if this ticket can be closed off, or if we need to test further and if needed, I'll forward the file through so it can be checked.

Thanks
    Dean
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,095 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Okay, thanks Dean.

Ensure that backups are created before deleting anything.

If it is a user account issue, consider creating a new replacement username and delete the older one.

* Data Recovery Team *