Date Query on entering transactions Reckon One

Options
Joan Roelofs
Joan Roelofs Member Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
I am entering transaction from 1st July 2014. Is there a way of having the program recognise this instead of constantly changing the date for each transaction; short of chaning the system date on my computer?

Comments

• Kevin Chamberlain
    Kevin Chamberlain Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Not sure how to on exactly what you are asking but, are you aware of the date short cuts? "Y" for first day of the year, "R" for last day of the year, same with "M" and "H" for the month + & - to increment days. Might help speed up your process.

Cheers,
    Kevin
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Check if this feature is in Reckon ONE, like it is in all the desktop Accounts products.  Edit preferences -->   General  -->  My preferences  -->  Default Date to Use for New Transactions -->  CHOOSE:

"Use the last date entered as default"
    (instead of "Use today's date as default).

But when you're finished doing your backlog of work for that old date you're dealing with,  it's not a bad idea to pop this setting back to using "Today's Date as default".
    Why?  well, if in the future you start putting a bill or invoice into the system and forget to change the date to what it SHOULD BE,  at least the system will be putting it into the system dated "TODAY" and that makes it easier to discover an error.

Cheers!

Gary
    (Just LOVE Reckon Accounts Desktop!)
  • Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Joan, When entering transactions into Reckon One, the transaction forms (e.g. receipts, payments, invoices, bills, journals, transfers... etc) use the current date by default. If you are entering historical transactions then you will need to override the default date with the applicable historical date. In regards to Gary's reply, unlike Reckon Accounts, there is no preference/setting/option available relating the default date in Reckon One. I will submit this feedback to the Reckon One team for consideration in a future update/release of Reckon One. Regards, Scott.
  • Wendy Van Oosten_8738626
    Wendy Van Oosten_8738626 Member Posts: 21
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It doesn't look like this has been fixed yet. I think I'll have to get in the habit of entering every transaction on the day it occurs. It is very frustrating to always have to re-enter the date for every transaction.