Error code -16 Accounts POS

Pete_7524684
Pete_7524684 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Point of Sale
Please see the attached error message.
Version Reckon accounts plus 2013.
This error message is on the POS terminal computer.
The problem is the POS administrator its connecting back to has been loaded with a backup because the database became corrupted and unsuable.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited May 2015

Hi Pete,

please checkout the link below to someone who had the same question :)

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/i-am-trying-to-conduct-an-end-of-day-and-when-i-hit-post-...

have a great day,

chris

• Pete_7524684
    Pete_7524684 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I will doublecheck the pathway accessing the file, but I don't believe this to be the problem.
    The difference is I had to load from a backup file.
    Is it possible, because the POS terminal is (up to date) and the accounts is out of date because it was loaded from an old backup, it is recognising it as a different company file?
  • Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited May 2015
    Hi Pete, Not really, it's not that smart I'm afraid. It just a text reference to a file path. It has to be the exact name and area that it was originally. So if you restored your back file it should have been over the top of the other one so everything is the same. Even if the file is the same name but you restored to a different path will be an issue. The easiest thing to do would be to open reckon accounts and click close company log off. Then you should see the no company open window and see if your file is listed there more then once. If it is check the path of the bottom one and move your file to that location and try again.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Pete,

You have restored your backup file to a new location.

So Point of Sale is looking at the old location, whilst your restored backup is sitting in a new location.

As Chris mentioned, you needed to restore the backup over your old file.

If you can't find the previous file under the close company/logoff method, then if you do a search on your computer for *.qbw you will find all of your Reckon company files. Hopefully then you will find the correct file you needed to restore.

If you also look in the Administrator program, under options you may also see the file path there.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)