Backup of Quicken 2006 data

John Kelly
John Kelly Member Posts: 3
I've just purchased Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016 and I understand that I need to uninstall my Quicken 2006 software I am currently using. Whilst I have backed up the Quicken data I'm not sure of the process to transfer to the new Reckon software or if it in fact is transferable being. 2006 end of life product. Any help (lay mans terms please

Comments

• Kel Luke
    Kel Luke Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2017
    Hi John,

There is a table embedded in the user info that comes with the disk or maybe from  from the download as well that shows the paths available from earlier versions of Reckon PP or Quicken PP as it was previously called.

Regards,

Kel Luke
  • John Kelly
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Kel. I appreciate the reply.
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    John
    refer:  
    http://downloads.reckon.com.au/2016_ReckonAccounts_IAUG.pdf

Particularly pages 11-14.....  to see the upgrade path methodology

Gary

• John Kelly
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Gary
  • ecco
    ecco Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2017
    Hi John, just interested to know if you've been happy with Reckon after using quicken 2006.

I've been using Quicken 2006 NZ version for 20 years now! Just wondering if I buy Reckon personal plus 2016 (am running windows 10 on a mac via parallels) do you know if all my history will come through to Reckon?

I am having to run windows xp to run quicken 2006. It does everything I want asI don't really need automatic bank downloads. Could someone tell me if reckon pp 2016 is better than Quicken 2006. Many thanks for any advice on this. I'll start up another discussion on this as well.