Split window not allowing me to modify or add categories

Carol Wagner
Carol Wagner Member Posts: 10
Hi I've posted this before but still not working. I'm using pp 2014. And have used quicken for 20 years. This problem arose a while ago now. I have a rental property and enter the net income from bank statement. When I receive the agents notice st the end of month I have to go back and split that net entry into correct categories is gross rent less deductions. I choose the category but the category will not add to the new line. I am now entering a split deposit ( rent income less agent fees, body Corp etc) as single line entries. Anyone else have a problem with changing a split entry?

Comments

• Judy Birkenhead
    Judy Birkenhead Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2018
    Hiya - I have rental income and expenses too and use Personal Plus.   I just went back and altered a split entry to test it for you.  I also altered a reconciled entry to test it.   Both worked fine.   So no problem here.     I often change these when I get my statement in - so I understand what you are trying to do.   But I have never had this problem.

One thing I have found that is easier is to leave all the categories in the split transaction and just zero them out until they are used.  

The other thing you could do is create a new entry afresh with and allocate all of the sub categories in the split window at that time.  And then delete your unsplit entry, and regard it as just a temporary entry for balancing purposes.

Just some thoughts.

regards
    Judy

• David Thompson
    David Thompson Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2016
    Hi Carol,
    I dont have a problem with the splits, but FYI the way I do it is I have a separate account for the agency.  I can reconcile my bank account independent by posting a transfer from the agency account to the bank account.  Then when I get the agent statement, I enter the details into that account and reconcile it to zero, with the funds being transferred to my bank account, and expenses etc accounted for direct from the agent account.
    regards

David