Corporate name change

Options
Steven Vas
Steven Vas Member Posts: 10
I use Reckon Personal Plus 2016 on a 64 bit Windows 8.1 and I am experiencing the following problem. On 16/11/2015 Echo Entertainment Group as changed its name to The Star Entertainment Group Ltd. I tried to carry out the change using "Investing", "Enter Transaction" and "Corporate Name Change" tabs. However in the "Transaction list" under the "Action" list as "Reminder". When opening the "Edit" tag the "Transaction" heading reads "Reminder Transaction" rather than "Corporate Name Change". Furthermore all pre 16/11/2015 Echo Entertainment Group have also been changed to The Star Entertainment Group Ltd. Any help to resolve my problem would be appreciated.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Steven

Sounds like a cake and eat-it-too question.  I suggest you talk to your Accountant about this.   The thing is,  you have ONE set of books.  So
    a)  if it is the same entity with just a change of name,  then what you've done is probably OK.  

b) But if you're keen to see OLD transactions printing with the OLD name, then you may like to keep a BACKUP 2nd FILE with the old name for that purpose.

c)  If it were a different ENTITY (ie: different ABN), then you'd need a new 2nd set of books anyway.

d)  Moving forward in real time into 2016, 17, 18 etc,  any re-printing/review of old transactions that show the right ABN, I'd have thought would be okay to show as the new name (formerly old name) in discussion.

ALL I can discuss with you on this forum, is the fact that ONE set of BOOKS (file) can only have ONE name.

You could consider amending a tag into some reports that shows "NEW name (formerly OLD name)" .... that's just a presentation matter.

At the end of the day, be clear about the ABN and ACN - that will uncover the whole history anyway, if people were to do a Business Search.

Check your legal/accounting people,  and then be aware of the product's limitation of one name - one set of books.

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"