Errors when running account enquiry reports - Reckon One
Tee Member Posts: 8 ✭
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
This was working fine last week but this week when I try to run an Account enquiry report it says 'An error occurred while processing your request.'
Why is this - Is there a fix?
Why is this - Is there a fix?
Whilst this issue is not happening for me personally, I would recommend trying the following.
Test each of the default report period options:
- This month
- This quarter
- This financial year
- This financial year to date
- Last month
- Last 3 months
- Last 6 months
- Last 12 months
- Last quarter
- Last financial year
- Last financial year to date
- All dates
- The following dates (i.e. choose a custom to & from period like 1 day or 1 week)
Does the error occur for all the report periods or only some periods?
What reporting basis are you using?
AUS: cash or accrual basis
NZ: invoice or payment basis
Is your book an Australian configured book or a New Zealand configured book?
Open the demo book on your account & also try viewing the account enquiry report to see if the same issue also occurs. The "All dates" report option would be the best to try in the demo book.
These answers should give Reckon a bit more information to work with.
My guess from having experienced a similar issue in the past with the account enquiry report, is that there may be 1 or more transactions in your book that is causing the report error. For me the issue was due to having a receipt/payment where the transaction had a lot of data in the reference field. When that transaction was in the reporting period the report would return an error. When that transaction wasn't in the report period the report would open correctly. Once the issue was identified Reckon implemented a fix for it.1
I was able to reproduce the same issue in my book. For me, the error seems to occur when reporting on cash basis (or payment basis for NZ). When reporting on accrual basis (or invoice basis for NZ) the report loads successfully.
Can you try the following two simple scenarios to see if you experience the same result
1. Open the account enquiry report > set the report to use the reporting period "All dates" > click the option "Show more options" & set the report basis to cash basis (AUS book) or payment basis (NZ book) > click the "Refresh" button
2. Open the account enquiry report > set the report to use the reporting period "All dates" > click the option "Show more options" & set the report basis to accrual basis (AUS book) or invoice basis (NZ book) > click the "Refresh" button0
The issue is intermittent (performance related) & occurs when the report loading times out. The Reckon One team are aware of this issue & are looking to implement a fix in an upcoming release.
Stephen Balson Member Posts: 30 ✭Is there any update on when this will be fixed? There has been at least one release since this issue was reported 4 months ago, but it is still happening.
Hi Stephen, I have been informed by the Reckon One team that previous performance improvement work has been implented in the recent updates. They are still working to implement futher performance improvements to Reckon One. This particular report issue relates to performance and occurs intermittently when Reckon One experiences high usage. Unfortunately no ETA has been given as to when the performance work will be completed. Regards, Scott.0
- 18.3K All Categories
- 6.3K Accounts Hosted
- 5.7K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 10 PaySauce for Reckon Accounts NZ
- 977 Reckon Payroll App
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 13 Reckon Mate App
- 2.9K Reckon One
- 8 Reckon Invoices App
- 12 Reckon Insights
- 105 Reckon API
- 773 Payroll Premier
- 290 Point of Sale (Desktop)
- 1.8K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 57 About Reckon Community