how do I deal with Petty Cash

Options
Cindy Hung
Cindy Hung Member Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
New to this app, a Quicken User for years. How do I deal with Wallet or Petty Cash at hand? There's no category for cash, just Credit Card or Bank Account. Help

Comments

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just setup a bank a/c Petty Cash, insert CS-1000 in charge no field, the next number will be CS-1001 & so on you can write this on the docket if you wish. This makes it easier to identify the trans type should your accountant have a query is ref CS-etc.
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ie
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    14/07/2016

Hi Cindy,

My reply assumes that you are using the Reckon One application (as per the product category chosen on this post) and not the Reckon Accounts application.

All books in Reckon One come with a system default bank account called 'Cash'. This account is provided by default for petty cash use.

Please note that this system default bank account can be renamed & i've seen some posts on this forum from other Reckon One users who renamed this account and used it as their main business bank account in their book. This is not recommended as this system default bank account is restricted (doesn't allow you to configure financial institution info) which means that it cannot be used for bank feeds or bank payments (ABA files). New created bank accounts will allow you to configure financial institution info and can be used for bank feeds & bank payments.

For more info on that scenario please view the following link
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/t...