Accounts Home & Business 2016 - Customer payments not in business account but in 'Asset'

Options
PMW82
PMW82 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Accounts Home & Business 2016 - it seems that the invoices I am creating aren't transferring to the designated account when payment is received. Instead they sit in an 'Asset/Estimate' table, which to itself is difficult to locate, then I have to move them out of there and into the account where I need them to be to show in reports etc. Am I not creating an invoice?   How can I redirect the customer payments directly to the account that I want them to be in?  HELP!

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You might have your saes items linking to the wrong accounts. Go to your Items and see that the sales items are all going to income accounts. 
    The invoice itself should be sitting in the Accounts Receivable until it is paid.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi Patsy

The Home & Business program has a NON POSTING tax invoice facility.  In other words you can create invoices but the amounts do not affect accounts, regardless of the items chosen when invoicing.

Once payment has been received then you merely DEPOSIT the funds into the appropriate account and choose the correct categories at that stage in the split of the transactions, so entering the same information again.

Home & Business is a CASH ACCOUNTING program and if you need better invoicing facilities, Reckon provides other programs that deal with ACCRUAL accounting and payment of invoices better.

Kind regards, Robyn Kelly

Reckon Accredited Partner

• PMW82
    edited August 2016
    Options
    There is no account listed when I look at the items.
  • PMW82
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks Robyn, For a small business that needs very basic accounting facilities, I was told this program would be the best, yet it has been nothing but confusing and frustrating, and I have been running my own business for 10 years now.  I won't be recommending Reckon again, they have definitely lost my faith.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

I'm sorry that has been your experience Patsy, there are Accredited Partners that are able to help https://partnersearch.reckon.com/ and also the "Help" section in the program. Technical Support is also available if you have purchased the program within the last year.

This program is used by many of my clients very successfully but it certainly isn't for every business.

Regards, Robyn Kelly

• DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You should not be dissatisfied with Reckon, it has terrific programs if you are using the right program for business.  Home and Business is a very very basic program and I would never recommend it for business. I would always go with Accounts (as a minimum) but always recommend Accounts Plus or Premier. If you start off with the right package then it will grow with your business without any problems or interruptions to business. Investing in the right software for your business is just as essential as buying the right stock to sell. Unfortunately most people don't recognise the benefits of this investment.
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi Patsy,
    What area are you in? if you are close by I could come and help you. Robyn was correct in all her comments.

Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• PMW82
    edited August 2016
    Options
    thank you all for your comments. Do you know if we could successfully and simply upgrade from Home & Business to Plus?
  • DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You might need to give Gerry a call to answer that question.