When trying to import a QIF file from NAB I get an error message

Elissa
Elissa Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Accounts Hosted

When trying to import a QIF file from NAB I get the error message "Reckon Accounts is unable to verify the Financial Institution information for this download. Please try again later." followed by the error message "The account information downloaded by your financial institution contains information that is not supported by Reckon Accounts. Contact your Financial Institution for details. Account Type: Unknown type, Routing Number: "blank", Account number: "blank" click ok to continue setting up additional accounts for this Webconnect file". I have tried Reckon technical support and they told me it was NAB, I have tried NAB who unsurprisingly couldn't help with supporting software that wasn't theirs. Does anyone else use NAB for banking and are you able to upload files to Reckon? Is there a format for adding the additional code to the QIF file to get it to upload correctly? 

When downloading from NAB I choose file format Quicken version 7 or above.

Comments

• Elissa
    Elissa Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    FYI I have had a call from Reckon support and in the end it was simply because the account name description was to long in Reckon. Shortening the account name has fixed the issue.