One Step Updates of share prices not functioning.

Options
Tom_8696524
Tom_8696524 Member Posts: 12
One Step Updates of share prices not functioning. (PP16,Windows10) This affects ASX and NZX quotes. The problem has arisen for me in the last couple of days. I can see from reading the posts that this seems to be a recurring issue. Is there an up to date fix for this problem? Cheers

Comments

• Kim Loane
    Kim Loane Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ditto.  Also on Windows 7. Plus it affects US stock quotes as well.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Tom, Kim,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Are you viewing your shares on the Brokerage - Overview, screen?

If so, right click the share and select Price History - is it up to date?
    If so, refresh the screen by changing the As Of date and then bringing it back to current date.

Are the share prices showing correctly now?

regards,
    John

• Kim Loane
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Quick response from you John. Thanks. Ok.....I wrote my first reply to Tom too quickly. I had an international share change price significantly overnight and had expected a big change in the portfolio value and it didn't change...looked at price and it hadn't been updated and then jumped onto the forum to see if there were problems. etc etc. Looking more carefully now, local (Aust) share prices are up to date but my international one is not. I just added a new share and did a quote update and it doesn't fetch the price (as shown in price history). Further (and my haste gets worse), upon closer inspection of the price history dates for the international share in question in my portfolio, the last share price saved in price history has a date of 27/5/16. So it's been 4 months! I've not really noticed this before now since the price has been stable and the minor variations which I saw have probably come from currency variations, and not price variations. So, the problem is now more significant - no updates to my international share for 4 months (or the new one I just added now as a test). Do you have a known problem or is there something you could suggest I try? Thank you. Kim
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the update Kim,

You'll need to download the updated qwutil.dll file:

On 31 May 2016 for reasons beyond Reckon’s control, our source for US Share Prices could no longer supply the information to us.

We have now sourced a new supplier for this data.

Steps to access the new source of US Share Prices:

1. In Reckon Accounts process any recent Stock Splits, Corporate Spinoffs and Corporate Acquisitions;

2. Close Reckon Accounts Personal;

3. Download http://downloads.reckon.com.au/qwutil.dll to your Desktop;

4. Copy the above file into your Reckon Personal 2015 or 2016 installation folder

(by default this would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal)

5. When you get the message saying qwutil.dll already exists. Do you want to replace it?' select 'Yes'

6. Open Reckon Accounts Personal and click on the One-Step Update icon

7. Elect to download share prices only by unticking the option “Download currency exchange rates”

8. Click Update Now.

US Share prices back to 27/5/16 will update.

(from KB:  http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=5438)

Hope this does the trick for you.

regards,
    John

• Kim Loane
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks John for your help. This solved my issue. Except, and it's not a big, the historic prices back to may were only weekly, not daily. Did I miss an email or something back in May/June advising of this? Thanks again, Kim
  • Tom_8696524
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks John,
    I have viewed your post.
    When I view my shares in Overview and right click to check the price history, the price viewed is out of date by a few days, even though I have run through the One Step Update several times.  The "as Of" field in the overview shows the current date.
    When I run the updater, I am informed in the window that Currencies have been updated, but the equites are not referred to.
    Puzzling
    Tom
  • Tom_8696524
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi John,
    Actually, the ASX equity prices ARE up to date, but the 30 or so NZX shares are not.
    Tom
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Tom,

Sorry for missing your post.

Firstly have you applied the qwutil.dll update mentioned in the post to Kim Loane above?

If the download is still a problem, update share prices from the top menu line - Investing > Online Activities > Download quotes.

I've tested the NZ Share Update on my test files and it is working.

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John

• John G
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Kim,

Sorry for overlooking your post.

We had to switch to a new source for US share prices about 4 months ago.  Part of that licence is that historical updates are condensed as you go back in time.

Back data on prices is supplied on a daily basis for only 1 month then it switches to a weekly reading for the next 11 months when it switches to a monthly reading for the rest of the download.  

While you are downloading your prices regularly - at least once a week - you get daily prices and keep them.

When you add a new US share, the next One Step Update will give you 5 years of history.  

Historical prices are not provided for AUS or NZ shares.  

regards,
    John
  • Tom_8696524
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I had thought that the qwutil.dll update was only relevant to updates of US shares, not ASX and NZX

I have downloaded and installed the update as per your instructions.

I am quietly confident that it  has worked:  The ASX quotes are accurate to the cent.  The NZX quotes are a little bit out.  Does this reflect the time of the quotes being updated by your service?

I’ll see how it goes over the next few days.

Regards

Tom

This discussion has been closed.