i am using Reckon One and instead of having to input all of my re occurring transactions transaction

Options
Jodie Gluyas_8727987
Jodie Gluyas_8727987 Member Posts: 9
edited April 2018 in Reckon One

Comments

• Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi Jodie

Rather than inputting estimate, invoice, bill or journal data each month, you can use the copy feature. This is done using the 'Make a copy' button on the top right of the estimate, invoice, bill or journal:

This is a great time saver as repeat transactions can be created in seconds.

Regards

Jon
  • Jodie Gluyas_8727987
    Jodie Gluyas_8727987 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks Jon.  I am allocating transactions straight from the bank data feed and i thought that if there were similar transactions each month they automatically allocated themselves into the same category as the month before. This could be a feature of Zero perhaps
  • Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Jodie

Okay, I misunderstood the original query.

In Reckon One, you can use our rules engine to automate processing of bank data. You can create a transaction rule and Reckon One then processes all transactions that meet the criteria set. You simply confirm it is correct to process the transaction in this way.

You can create rules in 2 ways:

1. When bank data is imported, select 'Create rule'. The 'add matching rule' pop up appears with most fields already populated.

When you create a rule it will immediately be applied to all transactions that fit the criteria.

2. Go to Banking > Transaction rules > Add

Here you can add new transaction rules. You can also choose the priority of rules in this area.

Many Reckon One users find that with a combination of bank feeds and transaction rules, they save lots of time on their banking and bank reconciliation process. Time that can be better spent elsewhere.

Let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

Regards

Jon
  • AC
    AC Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Is there a limit to the number of rules you can set?  Some of the rules I have created (the latest ones) don't seem to work at all.  I am up to about 40 rules