Generation of Job IDs

Options
Thomas Wieberneit
Thomas Wieberneit Member Posts: 4
edited February 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Hi community,

we are currently trying to streamline and consolidate our processes on Reckon Accounts Online and as part of this we are looking into the generation of Job IDs. These seem to be generated by Reckon Accounts like 'job-n' in a customer specific count. What we would like to have is a global unique counter (that also starts beyond the current given number). Having this would help us a lot in not upsetting employees and suppliers. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Thanks and regards

Thomas

Comments

• Thomas Wieberneit
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi community,

of course I did some more research on my own but till now to no avail. I am still hoping for someone being smarter than I.

Best regards
    Thomas
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the Reckon community.

Would your JobID be equivalent to a Purchase Order Number or Sales Order Number?

regards,
    John
  • Thomas Wieberneit
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi John, thanks for coming back to me. Yes, it is a sales order number. It shall be human readable and be easy and unique. Currently (on the system that we want to replace) it is a counter. This is what we'd like to retain.
  • Thomas Wieberneit
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi John, do you have a hint for me?

Rgds
    Thomas
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Thomas,

Yes, you can set a number beyond the current one.  You can also include letters, so you could start at SO1234.  The next Sales Order you do will be the next number - SO1235, etc.  When its converted to an Invoice it will go to the next number in the Invoice sequence.  You can overwrite that Invoice number with another if you wish, but that number will become the base for the invoice sequence.  

regards,
    John