Net worth report is different to actual net worth dashboard

Options
Wayne Glynne
Wayne Glynne Member Posts: 3
I am using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017 (Windows 10 is the OS). On the opening dashboard I have a net worth report showing a graphical view (by month) of the net worth of my assets, investments and liabilities (mortgage) for the past 12 months. The net worth amount as I hover over the graph for the current month is $33K less than the net worth amount in the bottom right hand corner of the dashboard. I have investigated and the amounts for my shares (Investing) is lower than the actual amounts. Has anyone seen this issue? image

Comments

• Kel Luke
    Kel Luke Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wayne,

Yes this was a feature of PP 2016 and maybe even before that. Another permanent feature of Reckon PP despite the  'Upgrades'? I guess we just have to live with the inaccuracies and use PP as a rough estimate only.

Kel 

• gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes same here. Typical problem. Reckon might try and tell you it is due to different accounts or securities being selected which might be true in some cases but just find a pie graph that has a "show full graph" button and you will likely see the values change when it should be the same graph with the same settings just bigger. I think the portfolio view is generally correct.
  • Wayne Glynne
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So I have worked out how to fix it. I have not worked out why it happened. This is what I did: I ran a Portfolio Value and Cost Basis Report. The amounts in this report were equal to the Net Worth Report in the dashboard (Recall this was lower than the actual amount). In looking through this report there were some negative values in a couple of shares in the Balance column. Not sure why. However I then ran a Investment Transaction report and customised it to only the share that was showing an incorrect balance amount. This showed me the transactions associated to this share. As there was a small number of these, I deleted the transactions (all buys and sells) and then re-entered them. That fixed the issue. The discrepancy is now down to 1 cent. I can live with that. Hope this helps.
  • gavin.nicholson.au
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If you had extra buys and sells which you didn't actually do the wouldn't your number of shares have been wrong?
  • Wayne Glynne
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The answer to your question is yes. However I deleted the old buy and sells and then re-entered them. Net result is no change to the number of shares.
  • gavin.nicholson.au
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks but I dont see negative vales in mine. The total investment balance in the "Portfolio Value and Cost Basis Report" is different to the one in the portfolio view (by $5000) which is different to the one in the financial overview tab (by $300). So I rarely use the reports as I cant be sure they are ever correct.