Memo for each line on the 'pay bills' screen

Georgie_8281276
Georgie_8281276 Member Posts: 18
It would be good to have a 'memo' field for each line on the 'pay bills' screen. I often enter bills, but then need to wait for confirmation etc before actually paying them. Adding a note reflecting any reason not to pay on a particular day would ensure they weren't paid before everything was confirmed. Obviously you can use the memo on the actual bill, but it doesn't show on that screen, and I tend not to open each bill when I'm paying them.

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited February 2018
    If you were to use a field like  authorised or not yet authorised, then at some point you would need to go into the bills to change the status of the bill so you know when to pay it.
    You can get into the habit of using another system that you will know. Maybe you could use the due dates (as I do). All unauthorised bills have a 3 month due date so they don't show on my bills due now reports. When I get authority, I find the bill and then change the due date.
    You could type not authorised on the memo line of the bill to show in reports, but then you would need to type that and delete it every time it changes.
    The due date system has been working perfectly for me for many years, just habit now.