Quicken 2019 is continually crashing.

Larry and Neridah Wilson
Larry and Neridah Wilson Member Posts: 3
I have been a very long term user of Quicken and have just upgraded to the 2019 version. It is now crashing continuously to the point where is has become unstable. An example of the error msg are 7271, 7276, 7333, 7376 and 7322 etc. I have uninstalled and rreinstalled several times, (using revo uninstaller). Cleaned out the temp files and restarted without success. I run windows 10. Is anyone else have similar problems? Thank you for any assistance you may be able to give. Larry

Comments

• Annette_6969305
    Annette_6969305 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    When you say crashing, what is it actually doing? Does your QDF file have any spaces in it?
  • Larry and Neridah Wilson
    edited December 2018
    Hi Annette
    No I can open the program and see all my data. The crashes occur when I start to transact, eg, input dividends that have recently been paid and updating the share prices. The investment screen is continuously refreshing to the point where it does not complete the refresh
  • Annette_6969305
    Annette_6969305 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    Sorry, I don’t know. But I did have a good experience calling Reckon technical support. Perhaps try that.
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited December 2018

"The investment screen is continuously refreshing to the point where it does not complete the refresh"
    You could select a custom investment screen that has fewer reports. Columns such as 1-year, 3-month, 1-month, 1-week etc require review of the .QPH file. Fewer reports may finish the screen update quicker.  This may fix this problem.
    Not sure about the error msg issue. Will be interested in Quicken's response to that.
  • Larry and Neridah Wilson
    edited December 2018
    Thanks John but even if i do not go near that screen, it still crashes continuously and this is despite a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and then a new install of Quicken 2019
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    When you installed / re-installed the program did you snooze your anti-virus?  How long is your data file name?  You may need a shorter name.  There may be other solutions but let's start with those.
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • Greg_7850539
    Greg_7850539 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    I have just reinstalled Personal Plus 2019 and it continually gets a Com Error crash every time I try to back it up, this software has slowly become a n anchor and is nowhere near as good as it used to be years ago. It wont even let me register it as it doesn't respond.
    Have just seen how someone else has mentioned to try a new file and seems to have fixed the problem - SO my next issue is that I have 20 years of history in regards to property etc. Is there a way to migrate this info across into a new file as there are records of tax information that is very valuable and VERY REQUIRED???