Reckon Personal Plus 2015

Options
Viv
Viv Member Posts: 7
When I manually import QIF bank transactions the Payee & Category fields are blank. How do I import transactions that populate these fields?

Comments

• Andrew Christie
    Andrew Christie Member Posts: 149
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Viv
    When you export from your bank, are you  using "QIF format (Quicken AUS 2004 and earlier) and when importing do you leave all fields blank except 'transactions'?

regards
    Andrew
  • Chris Appleby
    Chris Appleby Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I think I had an issue with this some time ago. I exported some transactions to see what format was used then made sure the QIF file I was importing had the info in the right fields. I think I either used a text editor or maybe Excel to look at the QIF files.
  • Viv
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Andrew
    Yes I have tried both those things.  The Payee ends up in the Memo field.
  • Viv
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Chris
    Maybe I will have to try Excel and adapt the transactions.  Seems to defeat the purpose!
  • Viv
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Dave
    As the transactions are mostly not regular transactions I don't think this will work for me.
  • Andrew Christie
    Andrew Christie Member Posts: 149
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Viv
    It appears you are not alone. (Google search: qif import problem memo field)

Are you a Westpac customer? Have a look at this posting (it has a solution that may work for you) ...
    https://www.accountantforums.com/threads/qif-import-problem-anz-vs-westpac.27629/

The following post also has a workaround (unfortunately it has a couple of steps in it)... 
    https://www.accountantforums.com/threads/swaping-payee-and-memo-field-in-qif-file.28872/

Andrew
  • Viv
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Andrew
    Thanks so much.  I will give these a go!