HELP how do I close financial year 2017 that’s still open in Reckon Accounts

Sasha23
Sasha23 Member Posts: 59
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Melissa.  Reckon is not like some other accounting programs which close off a financial year, in other words, things keep on going on.  However, to guard against transactions being entered into a prior period, unintentionally or otherwise, it is regarded as very good practice to set the closing date within Reckon, so that any transactions attempting to be entered outside of the "closed" period, will require a password to proceed.  In general, my belief is that bookkeepers would normally set the closing date to the end of the last period for which a BAS was lodged.
    John L G
  • Sasha23
    edited February 2020
    Oh great thanks for replying John
  • Sasha23
    edited May 2019
    John how do I set the date
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi Marissa.  Go to the ?Company? Tab (top row of tabs), then click on ?Set Closing Date. ?  That will bring you to the ?Company Preferences ?under ?Accounting,? and you will find it towards the bottom of the listing.
    John L G
  • Sasha23
    edited May 2019
    Thanks John we recently updated Reckon Accounts and when I went to reconcile April I noticed all the 2017 through to March 2019 reappeared. Have no idea why very weird so maybe if I start locking out each month this won’t happen. I hv never add this issue using other software like MYOB