So sick of trying to upgrade form Hosted 2018 to Hosted 2019.

Nichola Draper
Nichola Draper Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
So sick of trying to upgrade form Hosted 2018 to Hosted 2019. Should be simple process, but not with larger files, and timing out issues. Even bypassing backup and rebuilding first, the upgrade still requires a backup which cannot be bypassed and times out on this. Different browsers and Pcs with different internet speed does not help.

Comments

• Nichola Draper
    Nichola Draper Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019
    Yes, I have done the same, and what I will do with these two sites,  but it is a big job and I hate deleting/renaming their original files, no matter how many times I recheck all data. It should not be like this. The client should be able to go through a step by step process and do it themselves. There should be a way to bypass the backup as I always copy the full qbw file, and that  is where it times out. Thanks anyway.....
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Understand your frustration but Hosted 2019 isn't even available yet?
  • Big Hat
    Big Hat Accredited Partner Posts: 93 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2019
    Is Hosted 2019 available? My understanding is that it is yet to be released.

John Peppas

• George Clark
    George Clark Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2020
    Released in New Zealand March 2019
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2019
    Sorry!!! didnt realise...but I have clients with large Hosted files and each year we have this problem - what I do is:

...Firstly create a portable backup of the file in 2018
    ...then make a copy of the file.... by using the keyboard keys for copy and paste from within the toolbox window used for downloading
    ...then I log out of 2018 and go to 2019 - select the file to open, it should say it wants to backup - but choose Cancel and then it should say are you sure you want to do this without a backup, say yes and it should proceed?

last year I think I actually downloaded the copy, ran a few rebuilds without backing up - and did the above process for upgrading the file... then I uploaded the file back to Hosted...

what I found last year with upgrading a large file - is that while I could create a portable file - I just could not restore it... so that client is going to have to create a new file this year - just too risky now...

hope this may help you?