How can I restore a backup for Quicken Personal 2011 that has been saved as a .RKN file? The progr

Julie Atkin
Julie Atkin Member Posts: 4
How can I restore a backup for Quicken Personal 2011 that has been saved as a .RKN file? The program will only recognise .QDF files and I don't know how to convert it. 

My laptop was stolen, I have been able to reinstall the software to my new one (the same software that was used to create the backup), but can't restore the backup that was saved to an external drive - which seems to defeat the purpose of having a backup.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    easy no problems just give me call and i will walk you thru it.
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Julie Atkin
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Gerry,  It is on my home computer so I would have to call you in the evening.  Is there a time that's too late for you?  Or I may be able to call tomorrow afternoon.  Do you know how long it will take?

Julie
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    I am in WA most times are good for me.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Julie Atkin
    edited June 2019
    Thank you so much Gerry!  I don't know what you did or how you did it, but you've completely solved the problem.  Extremely grateful for your expertise, speedy response and friendly manner.

• Al Harris
    Al Harris Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2020
    Gerry this post is amazing. My Quicken 2008 was accidentally deleted when I cleaned up my computer recently. After a lot of trouble I managed to download Quicken 2013 as I have long ago lost the original installation of Quicken 2008. I'm running windows 10 and I have a .rkn backup of my Quicken 2008 data. Is there any way I can convert this so Quicken 2013 can restore the backup. So far I cannot get the 2013 version to load the old backup file..... Al (NSW)
  • GerryWinter
    edited May 2020
    call me on 018907140
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Al Harris
    edited May 2020
    This reply from Quicken community has a phone number to contact Gerry which has one digit missing, looks like a mobile number, maybe should start with 0418.... Al
  • GerryWinter
    edited May 2020

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Al Harris
    edited May 2020
    Gerry your help was amazing in getting me back in touch with my lost Quicken data. I would recommend you most highly to anybody who needs help with Quicken. Thanks again... Al (NSW)
    1171192 Member Posts: 4

How can I restore a backup for Quicken Personal 2011 that has been saved as a .RKN file? The program will only recognise .QDF files and I don't know how to convert it. 

My laptop was stolen, I have been able to reinstall the software to my new one (the same software that was used to create the backup), but can't restore the backup that was saved to an external drive - which seems to defeat the purpose of having a backup.

1171192 Member Posts: 4

Purchased 2021 from 2020 Home & Business

• GerryWinter

You need to call me and i will see what can be done.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Julie Atkin

I'm not sure what's happened here, but I didn't send this - you helped me out with a similar issue in 2018 but have had no need for further help.

I've changed my password as someone else must have accessed by account.