LVL-Error-Returning NULL QBWininstance Handle.QBWINDLL.c (255).

Ray_10130446
Ray_10130446 Member Posts: 13
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just installed Reckon Premier Accounts 2019 on a Windows 7 Deask top machine. When I save a backup, the program verifies the dayta without issue, backs up and then reports "An unrecoverable Error" and has to close. The Error log is "LVL-Error-Returning NULL QBWininstance Handle.QBWINDLL.c (255)"    I have rebuilkd the data twice and verification shows no issuses. I have also reinstalled the software twice. What can I do?

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hi Ray

Try rebooting your computer, resets so, so much crap running in the background
  • Ray_10130446
    edited July 2019
    Done that, Ran disk Clean, Defrag & Reboot, No difference. You haven't explained what QBWininstance is and why its not running or can't be found.  That needs to be understood first
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
  • Ray_10130446
    edited July 2019
    Have already Verified data twice, rebuilt data, twice and read and performed the instructions in the link you sent, which is info I originally posted.

By the way, The link you posted is is way out of date, Its for Windows XP and Vista.

I see this issue has been around for 5 or 6 years without Reckon or Quickbooks giving any support, feedback or solution.

I'm switching some of my companies over to Xero, Particularly those with Employees.
    I cannot put my financial trust in the inferior Reckon Product. It is full of holes.
    And Rav seems to be the only Australian Employee, except for the sates staff.

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The issue has been there ever since data verification has been part of the software. It is just a poor way of informing the end user that your data verification failed.

This is not an error in the software but an error in your data for what ever reason. Find the data issue and fix it. If you don’t have the ability to do so, pay someone to do it. You said you have multiple company files, does it do it with all of them or just 1 of them?
  • Ray_10130446
    edited July 2019
    Tim,
    The program performs the same for each company (only 3 on it at this point).
    It crashed with an Unrecoverable error and has to close.
    I have gone through checking the data verifcation & rebuild probably 10 times now.
    The accountant that supplied the software says its a program fault with Reckon and not an accounts based issue.
    He says that's why he has supplied me with 12 months Reckon Support.
    This brings me to your point "If you don’t have the ability to do so, pay someone to do it."
    I have paid Reckon my support subscription. If they cant help, Who Can..?
    And there is the catch,
    There is no Reckon Support. If there was, I would not be posting here.

But thanks for your words of support anyway.

• Caz_10734988
    Caz_10734988 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020
    Suggest you try:

Performing a clean un-install and re-install of Reckon Accounts Business

I had similar unrecoverable error after backing up and after doing a clean un-install and re-install, the error has gone.  Hope this works for you too.