Not Enough Memory. May not complete this operation.

Options
Chetan_10193241
Chetan_10193241 Member Posts: 4
Keep getting this message when trying to open company file. Please help!!!

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Assuming you have restarted your computer and turned off programs such as Outlook before trying to open?  

Next things to try are - how big is your company file - if its very large then you will need well in excess of that in RAM to open the file - and if your .TLG file is also large then this too will require greater memory...  

Send through the specs on your machine (free hard drive space and the amount of RAM you have) and how you go after a restart and shutting down hungry programs like Outlook... you can find the amount of RAM by looking at your computer properties:

and the free hard drive space by clicking on Computer in an Explorer window: 

• Chetan_10193241
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Linda Thanks for the quick response. I'm running 4GB RAM and 250GB SSD, WINDOWS 10. The company file is around 73MB. Last successfully opened the company file 2days ago. Since then keep getting same message. Have been using the same file for last 5 years so it does contain 5 years worth of data. Things I have tried with no success:- Reinstall Reckon Open file on another computer(4GB RAM) Remove antivirus and disable unecessary application The only option I'm considering is bumping up the RAM now.
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ok - 4GB RAM isnt much...but 73MB datafile is very small too - so the problem is unlikely to be the memory I think?  more likely the .TLG file - if you know where the file lives - Shut Reckon Accounts down completely - then can you go to that folder and find the datafile - it will end in .qbw but also there will be a file with the same name ending in .tlg - can you please delete this file... then try starting Reckon Accounts and opening the file again?  also when opening the datafile - try holding your finger down on the Alt key while doing this - if any reports were left open when you previously ran it - this will start the datafile without opening those reports...
  • Chetan_10193241
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Linda,

I have tried as above by deleting .TLG file and starting and also holding down the ALT key while opening but same issue.

This time I used my desktop with 8GB RAM and still no difference. Not sure what else to try?

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Chetan

Try making a copy of your file and opening the copy, failing that rename your file, and try opening it then.

If it doesn't open on 8GB ram it's not the ram, 4GB ram is more than enough to run desktop versions, had 2 or 3 files open at same time with only 4GB ram for many years.
  • Chetan_10193241
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Thank you for your input but those steps did not solve the issue
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    hmm.. next steps are to have tech support or a Reckon Accredited Partner look at the problem - go to https://partnersearch.reckon.com/ to find a partner near you or call tech support tomorrow?   they might need to see your machine via TeamViewer. 
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Chetan,

The error you are encountering is likely related to the file damage present in your data file.

The files you have submitted to undergo analysis have both been found to exhibit the same problem.

We recommend that you send a good older backup if one is available as this can greatly increase the chance of a recovery.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • susan_10224126
    susan_10224126 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Excel has an internal memory Limit. I cleaned up my.XLS files and deleted all the old ones, rebooted and that fix the issue. I did that after repairing my QuickBooks file updating rebooting several times and nothing worked except deleting the old excel files.