Home and Business 2013

Options
Jim_10332400
Jim_10332400 Member Posts: 11
Is there a way of changing the name of your Quicken file (H&B 2013) without losing price history in the investing section?
Many thanks Jim

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 475 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi Jim

• Backup your data first - File > Backup
    • Then File Operations > Rename
    • Choose your data file by clicking the name of it once
    • Then in the vacant box at the bottom of that screen type the new name
    Suggestion is to keep the name 8 characters or lower

Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I have found it safer to do it in reverse order, give it its new name first then point to the file that you want to Rename

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Jim_10332400
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks to both of you. 
    I am trying to rename a file that I brought across from the old computer 0 it has the date info extension as part of the file name.  However when I then try to rename it, it says it can't find the file - and yet that is the file I am using - or maybe do I need to exit the file that I want to rename first?  Quite confused  Thx
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 475 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Would be interesting to know how you are using the file.  Are you able to tak a screen shot when you dgo to FILE down the bottom left there are usually 4 data files listed with the extension on how you are using the data file.
    I am presuming maybe it is not restored in the best suited location (on the C:/ in the Documents and Quicken or Reckon folder.
    Can you either screen shot or type the location of the number 1. file please
  • Jim_10332400
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi Robyn - thanks for your reponse - is this what you want to see/?
    Sorry - seems to be sideways
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I Can see your name is getting too long and my preference is to save the data file directly into c:drive and i create a folder called H&B for my data files

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Are you looking for it in your correct location as per that screenshot.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Jim_10332400
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I am feeling a bit confused now - I am able to back up the file, then open it and it has all my investment price update details so, even though it is a long file name, I think I should stay with that.  I have run quicken for 20 plus years now and I think may have saved it incorrectly over time.  But at least I have a file that is serving my needs.  So thank you everyone.  Jim
  • GerryWinter
    edited November 2019
    Options
    If you wish i can loginto your computer and you could show me your issue.

Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"