losing cleared bank transactions and logging off

accounts_9230494
accounts_9230494 Member Posts: 30
edited August 2020 in Reckon One
Because Reckon One opens another tab when opening a book from the portal, I am never sure how to log off, by going back to the original portal opening or closing from where you are? I am wondering if I am logging off incorrectly, as I am definitely losing cleared bank transactions between sessions! I'm sure this has been happening for a while but I was never sure as I had long periods between allocating transactions and reconciling. Every time I would come back to it, there would be transactions that I was sure I had allocated that were no longer anywhere and that I had to redo manually (I use bank feeds). Has anyone else had this problem and/or what is the correct way to log off?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi,

The correct way to log off is to click the cog wheel on the top right and choose "Back to portal".

Then once back in the portal screen click the log off icon on the top right of the screen.

I've never heard of that happening.  Once a transaction has been allocated its entered into your book exactly the same as if you were manually entering them.  The only way it can disappear is if you deleted it.

I suggest that after you have allocated all your transactions, and before logging out, make sure the transactions are showing in the Reckon One Transactions tab, and also go and check in Day to Day > Make Payment/Receive Money/ or Banking > Transfer Money depending on how you allocated the transactions as this is where they should be showing.  If you can see them in both those places then its been entered and can't disappear unless deleted.

Logging off or just closing the browser tab shouldn't make any difference with this though.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • accounts_9230494
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for your reply, Shane, I did end up calling the techs as I was thinking I was losing my mind, and they told me that there had been problems with this happening! It had been happening for months but I couldn't be sure that I hadn't just been forgetful, so wish I had called them earlier! With going back to portal from an open screen, this brings up a new portal tab, overlaying the original one, so I wanted to be sure that was not contributing to my problems, but techs said not. 
  • Ian Burbury
    Ian Burbury Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020

I want to know how to don load bank statments
  • accounts_9230494
    edited August 2020
    Hi Ian, if your bank account is not already linked for bank feeds (in Reckon One) you can download into the account by going to 'Banking' page, find the bank account you want and on the LH side there is a dropdown called 'Actions'. Choose 'Upload transactions' and it will take you to a page called 'Manual Upload' to choose the bank account (again) and find the file you want from your computer (you should already have downloaded the transactions (not statement)  from your bank as a QIF or CSV file format and put on your desktop to find it easily). Hope this helps.