Fail update file/backup on Reckon hosted 2020

Options
Viking Rollers
Viking Rollers Member Posts: 4
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
After type YES on Reckon hosted 2020, create backup before upgrade progress.
it fail on 75% due to inactivity after 4 hours waiting. I already repeat the process twice and failed.
What will happen as today is the last day to upgrade ?
Can Reckon Hosted extend the date upgrading ?

Comments

• Rahul Prasad
    Rahul Prasad Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi,

Same happened to me, So logged in to verify and rebuild from 2019 and then move to 2020.

One worked out ok now just waiting for the other one to complete.

Fingers crossed for this one. I would also like to know what will happen after that. Could reckon provide an update and can they see log reports of failed upgrades and backups.
  • Rahul Prasad
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Does it require having Reckon Accounts 2020 installed on your pc? 
  • Larissa Hicks
    Larissa Hicks Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I had this same problem yesterday and rang Reckon Technical Support. Agree with Rahul. If you go to File and Open/Restore in the 2020 version and restore your backup, it will then upgrade the backup. If you have multi-user you will also need everyone else who has a login to open the new file (save to Q: drive) to access the upgraded version.
  • Larissa Hicks
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Create a portable backup in the 2019 version before you access the 2020 version and restore the portable backup. This is what Reckon Technical Support advised me to do yesterday, when a full backup would not work
  • Viking Rollers
    Viking Rollers Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I have tried to do to restore portable back up 2019 on version 2020. It still require to says YES to upgrade the file.. also failed.
  • Larissa Hicks
    edited August 2020
    Options
    When you go into the 2020 version does it ask you to select your company? If so, instead of clicking on your company file, click on File at the top left of your screen and restore your portable backup from there. I spent hours upon hours trying to do the full backup only for it to time out each time. This took maybe half an hours at the most.
  • Rahul Prasad
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Stuck on 97% for this one file at the moment, lets hope this gets done before 2019 gets removed as i'm rebuilding the file through 2019 hosted. Can we still download the data file if this doesn't get done on time and rebuild and then use with the 2020 hosted version guys?? 
  • Rahul Prasad
    edited August 2020
    Options
    98% now, i just might get it on time