Westpac Business banking download to Home & Business 2017

Options
Debbie Van Den Broek
Debbie Van Den Broek Member Posts: 4
Im using Reckon Home & Business 2017 and have been using Reckon for 22 years so pretty used to the system.
When I download my banking from the Westpac business hub my downloads do not come in QIF format  only file format. This does not happen with my Westpac personal accounts which arrive in QIF format.
This has only changed in last two months and means I have to load my transactiona manually.
I have GST to do and really need some help.
I tried opening the file in Notepad as was suggessted in a previous post but there is no text to delete.
Do I change banks, leave Reckon?
I need help.

Comments

• Darran
    Darran Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Leave Reckon. They seem to have stopped supporting long time customers - I’ve too been with them for 20+ years and now having nothing but trouble.
  • Debbie Van Den Broek
    edited August 2020
    Options
    But I love it, its so easy to use.
  • GTWinder
    GTWinder Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I have just acquired R-H&B and have found it an excellent all-rounder (having used Quicken Cashbook V8.2 for the last 100years :-( 
    I have no issues downloading Westpac Bank transactions as well as other banks (NAB, CBA etc).
    I have attached screenshot jpgs numbered 1-3; Hope that helps:
    In screen shot #2 you will need to select your account from the drop down menu of course-
    other Bank transactions (NAB, CBA etc)I have attached screenshopts jpgs numbered 1-3; Hope that helps:

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,236 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Call me and i will see what i can do.
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Debbie Van Den Broek
    edited August 2020
    Options
    HI Gerry
    Is this a NZ number as I have tried calling but the number will not go through.
    What country code should I use?
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,236 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Australia

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter
    edited August 2020
    Options
    +61418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Debbie Van Den Broek
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi All
    I contacted Westpac and this was the response

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your email response.

I've had a look into this further and can confirm we have been made aware of errors customers are receiving when they try and import files into their accounting software that were exported from Westpac One. Previously the same export files (e.g. Qif, CSV etc) worked fine.

We've identified an issue with files exported from Westpac One and this effects all file types. When the Transactions are exported a large number of 'null characters' are being added to the end of the file.

Some accounting packages will see these extra characters as garbage and ignore them during the import process. Other will try and import them as well creating errors and ultimately stopping the import.

Our IT have a fix and we are working on trying to add this to the next release of Westpac One.

As a work-around, can you please try to edit the exported file in a text editor app? You will need to select all of the 'null characters' at the end of the file, delete them and then save the file. This should then import successfully into their accounting software.

Regular Notepad apps or Excel will not reveal these null characters. You will need to use a developer Text Editor to reveal the hidden characters.

Here are some open sources Text Editors which can be used:

For Windows computers use NotePad++
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

For Mac computers use Brackets
    http://brackets.io/

Hope this helps, however do let us know if you have any other enquires.

Kind regards,

Lele