Reckon, hoping to move an existing Quicken 2008 licence to a new laptop. Did this once in the past.

Options
Jonathan Hanna
Jonathan Hanna Member Posts: 4
Reckon, I am hoping to move an existing Quicken 2008 licence to a new laptop. Did this once in the past. Time for a new laptop again. Jonathan

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Don’t think Reckon will register it though - so no is my opinion
  • Graham_10803610
    Graham_10803610 Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I also assume your new laptop will be running Windows 10. Might be some compatibility issues there.
    Best thing is to try it and see what happens and then come back here for help.
    Suggest you don't get rid of your old notebook until you get the new one running.
  • Jonathan Hanna
    edited September 2020
    Options
    The software told me to contact Reckon for help - Reckon said "contact the Reckon community". Previously they could provide a secondary key to allow the licence to be activated again. Perhaps they can't now?

• Jonathan Hanna
    edited September 2020
    Options
    They used to provide the licence key by phone. The software has generated a 3 x 8 code of its own - which used to be matched by a 3 x 8 digit code from Reckon. Have kept the previous laptop running!

• Graham_10803610
    Graham_10803610 Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Do you still have your installation key for it? Maybe that will work?
    I still have my key [and CD]for 2008, but I don't have CD reader to install it. LOL.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Even if you had the installation key I still doubt that Reckon will register it
  • Jonathan Hanna
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I have the CD and codes. But it asks for extra codes Reckon won't provide anymore. Seems that you can download Quicken 2013 and just learn the changes. Loads up the data file. Welcome to 2013!!!

• Kris_Williams
    edited September 2020
    Options
    For free?
This discussion has been closed.