ABA files

KarenAlice
KarenAlice Member Posts: 15

I am just learning how the ABA files work so I can use it for paying approximately 15 employees for client. Do I need to have the Hosted connected to the internet and log in to bank from the online banking centre (assuming this is safe to do so) or can I log into bank separately? Although I'm thinking that logging in separate would make finding the file difficult as it would be in the Q drive.

Thanks,

Karen

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

No you create the aba file when processing wages and download to your computer, then logon to your bank and import the file

• KarenAlice

Thanks appreciate the advice. :)

• KarenAlice

Hi, I'm still having difficulty with paying wages by creating ABA file. Reckon Hosted wants an APCA number which NAB doesn't seem to be very helpful with, does this stop it from working correctly?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I do it with Westpac and I have no APCA number entered in settings

• KarenAlice

Thanks, will have another try, also do you put anything in the 'Lodgement Ref', with the banking details for the employee?

• Kris_Williams

From memory that just shows on the employees’ statement whatever the payment is for - wages or your name

• KarenAlice

I'm happy to say it seems to have worked all okay, so much easier when there are 20 employees to pay! Thank you all for your help, much appreciated.