Job Keeper - Incorrect Final FN

Hi, I entered the incorrect finish FN for one of our employees and have subsequently sent an update event through STP, this was over 3 days ago but it has not been picked up and it is still showing on the ATO portal as not being paid.

Please can you let me know how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Deepak Gyawali
    Deepak Gyawali Reckon Staff Posts: 61 Reckon Staff

Hi Steph,

what is the status of this update event submission? If it has an error suggesting reporting party unavailable, you may need to resubmit the update event again.

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• Steph_9724585
    Steph_9724585 Member Posts: 9

Thanks Deepak, the update event is Success

• Deepak Gyawali
    edited December 2020

Hi Steph,

Sounds like the finish Item may not have been set up properly. Please double check on how this was created following the below article and please make sure that this is as per the article. Once done, open the pay cheque, delete the item and then renter it again. Prepare another update event and submit it again please.

hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• Steph_9724585

Hi Deepak

The finish item was correct, I am wondering if it is because I terminated the employee as well?

On the ATO portal it says "not claiming yet" despite the fact that we claimed and were paid from the start of JK

• Deepak Gyawali

Hi Steph,

I do not think the termination would have caused this issue. If the employee was a continuation employee from Job keeper 1 program, was the finish item for JK program 1 was used with any past pay runs?

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• Steph_9724585

Hi Deepak,

No this is the first time I used the JK finish item, it was picked up ok for the original submission ie FN16 but then changed to FN17 for the STP update event

• Deepak Gyawali

Hi Steph,

Have you confirmed that the incorrect finish item was removed from fortnight 16 pay and uploaded a update event for fortnight 16? also, was this re entered on fortnight 17 and then re uploaded update event for fortnight 17 ?

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• Steph_9724585

Thanks Deepak, that might be the answer, I just did an update event for FN17 but did not do an update removing FN16, I have now removed FN16 finish and sent through an update, is it best to wait until this is listed as success before uploading the update with FN17?

• Deepak Gyawali
    edited December 2020

Hi Steph,

What you need to do to correct this situation is to create the start item for fortnight 16 and open the pay cheque for fortnight 16 and add the start item along with the incorrect finish item for fortnight 16. the fortnight 16 pay should see both incorrect finish and start. Please generate the update event and submit to ATO. 2 entries of start and finish in fortnight 16 will cancel each other out and eventually fix the issue.

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• Steph_9724585

Thank you, I have done this and will then submit another update event with the correct finish FN