Personal 2010 reinstallation problem after Hard Drive crashed/replaced

Options

Have Personal 2010 (or should I say HAD)

Hard drive died and now replaced.

Trying to reload Personal 2010 via CD/DVD and coming up with error message about 'not being administrator' however, I am administrator.

Have spoken to Reckon multiple times. They even sent me the download and IKC but same problem. Last Reckon person now says my version is too old. They appear to be giving me the run-around. Reckon said they cannot help until I have a new product, even though I have temporarily downloaded Personal Plus 2021 Trail version so I can see my file. They said I should contact 'community.reckon.com' which explains my discussion herein. Have seen some pretty disturbing communications on-line regarding Reckon and their support since they took over from Quicken.

Looks to me like I am in for a whole lot of pain to get my Personal 2010 running, unless I just bit the bullet and get Personal Plus 2021 at $180 a year. Or have I jumped the gun.

Maybe someone could give me some advice on where to go from here.

regards Gordon

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,233 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Call me on 0418907140 and i will help you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Blakey
    Blakey Member Posts: 1
    Options

Gerry,

I have a similar issue where I am unable to get my Installation Key verified to allow me to use a reinstalled version of Quicken 2012. I enter the Installation key but it fails so it will not allow me to use Quicken. Having to or in some ways forcing me to upgrade to a paid subscription is really unfair to a user of Quicken versions over many years.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,233 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

I feel for you, give me a call to discuss.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• brindley
    brindley Member Posts: 0
    Options

Same story here ssd crashed and when attempting to reinstall error code 7089 7030 etc

Reckon not interested in helping and I don't trust them any more so will use another account system. Surely they have some obligations