How to correct a misclassification in STP for an employees EOY payment summary

I have identified an error in one of my employees payment summaries finalised in STP. The superannuation that he salary sacrifices has been incorrectly reported in gross wages on his end of year payment summary instead of correctly being reported under reportable employer super contributions. All over employees finalised payment summaries are correct. How do I amend he's finalised payment summary with the ATO. I am using Reckon Accounts 2020 desktop version.

Comments

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 175 Reckon Staff

Dear Karen,

Firstly, to correct any incorrect RESC/Salary Sacrifice items, you may wish to check our guide here: https://help.reckon.com/article/mb5hrwjvih

Once you have amended the payroll in your file, you can simply submit a new EOFY STP event to GovConnect as per the usual methods of uploading EOFY STP - the ATO will accept any duplicate submissions for an EOFY STP as it's always marked as an Update Event.

Regards,

Alexander.

• KarenS
    KarenS Member Posts: 4

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for that information. I have checked the guide and have corrected the RESC/Salary Sacrifice items in the pay detail however the super amount is now showing under RESC which is correct but it hasn't deducted the RESC out of the total of gross payments shown on the payment summary. Why would this be happening?

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 175 Reckon Staff

Dear Karen,

Have you marked the Salary Sacrifice's Tax Tracking type as Gross Payments in the Payroll Item List?

Regards,

Alexander.