Invoices appearing as payments

Options
NA1
NA1 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2021 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hello,

I have created invoices which, when I check the chart of accounts, appear as payments. 

This causes a discrepancy in the Bank Balance in Reckon Accounts.

For example if the bank balance is $5,000 and I invoice a client for $500 the bank balance in reckon accounts is $4500 because the invoice is treated as a payment.

Once I receive the payment from the client and deposit the invoice into the reckon bank account, the balance returns to $5,000, However, I expect this to be $5,500.

In addition to this I do not see any income in the company overview graphs, only expenses. However, all payments/deposits appear in the customer center as expected.

Am I missing a step in the invoice/deposit process?

I have verified the data of the company file and confirmed that payments are not going into any "undeposited funds" accounts when received and are being deposited into the reckon bank account.

Thanks in advance,

NA 

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Check the item on the invoice and make sure it’s not linked to your bank account. When you do an invoice or should appear in the income account as a credit and your accounts receivable account.

• NA1
    NA1 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Kris,

This resolved the issue. Thanks for your help and quick response.

Regards,

NA