Expense Reporting

Options
NGG
NGG Member Posts: 2

I have a query related to running specific expense reports in Q/B. I'm more familiar with MYOB, but I have no doubt Reckon would have the ability to run filtered expense reports - I'm just unsure of what to fiddle with.

I'm trying to do a cost comparison of Hired Equipment - Detailing fuel and transport costs in the report.

The chart of accounts i'm working with have not been categorised into supplier type - so unfortunately when I do run the report, it pulls every supplier and I have to export it to customise. Please tell me there's a more efficient way? Or would it just be adding the 'supplier type' - and filtering the other line items in?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

With the report on the screen click customise and filter, select name and then you can click on multiple names and just tick the ones you want. Depends on what report you are starting with, investigate the options in this customise and filter window

• NGG
    NGG Member Posts: 2
    Options

The report i've been running is purchases by supplier, then selecting multiple accounts to filter through for the last 3 FY. My concern is that it the report it generates has huge discrepancies when using "multiple acc".

If I manually cherry pick the data from the transaction list of each account the total amounts to significantly higher than what the report reflects.

What could be the cause of this?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Have you looked if both reports are giving you amounts inclusive of GST and also accrual or cash basis?