How to create new Data Fields for a number to go from Estimate, Sales Order and Invoice?

nqhflauren
nqhflauren Member Posts: 1 ✭

I need to create a new Data Field that will transfer from the Estimate to the Sales Order to the Invoice. I have tried to do this in the Templates but I can't get anything to carry over to all the forms? I also need to be able to have the relevant Estimate number flow through to the Sales Order and Invoice. Is there anyway this can be done? Thanks!

Comments

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff

Hi @nqhflauren

You can edit an existing template or create new ones that have that new 'data field'.

You need to make the customisation to an Estimate, Sales Order and Invoice template.

Open your company data file in Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Go to the Lists menu then select Templates

Edit the specific template (or make a new one) by clicking the Templates button then Edit Template

Click the Additional Customisation button.

Enable the Other field for Screen and Print and give it a title of your choosing and click OK.

Note that adding a field will shift the layout of the fields on the template.

Click on the Layout Designer button and re-arrange the positions of the newly added field label and field data element.

Once you have arranged them to your liking, click the OK button to save the changes.

Click the OK button again to close the Basic Customisation screen.

Now when you make use of the templates, you can add a value to that "New Data Field".

You can then turn that Estimate into a Sales Order or an Invoice.

The New Data Field value will propagate through and appear as expected.